– BSH- what’s the “H” stand for?
– Charge your smart phone from your refrigerator *wirelessly* with WattUp technology.
Master Samurai Tech news:
– New post on how loose electrical connections, like splices and terminals, can produce enough heat to burn wires and insulation. https://mastersamuraitech.com/loose-electrical-connections-and-heat/
– Recapping the dismal and outdated state of appliance repair training today. YouTube makes hands-on disassembly training obsolete. What we need today is BRAINS-ON training! Learning the theory of operation and the underlying technology in modern appliances today so you can figure out weird problems without relying pattern recognition (if this problem, replace that part). Real technicians today are skilled in the lost art of troubleshooting: following a cause and effect chain of reasoning to its logical conclusion and identifying the defective component that is no longer operating within specifications.
– How to handle those tricky service calls where there was no problem found.
– Troubleshooting scenario: electric dryer element not getting hot. Good power supply. Known good element. Element connected: have 120vac from each end (L1 and L2) to N, but 0vac across the element terminals. What conclusion can you draw? Voltage vs. voltage drop; 120/240 single phase-split phase household electrical power supplies; loads in series.